Most children begin primary school at the start of the school year in which they reach school age (5 years old). All schools must admit children from the September following their 4th birthday. The school year runs from September to the following August.
Starting School in September 2018
The school will be holding tours and talks for parents of prospective new pupils for the September 2018 intake on the following dates:
- Thursday 5th October 9.30 a.m.
- Wednesday 11th October 1.45 p.m.
- Friday 10th November 9.30 a.m.
- Tuesday 14th November 1.45 p.m.
- Thursday 30th November 9.30 a.m.
- Tuesday 9th January 1.45 p.m.
These are for parents only at this stage. Please contact the School Office to book a place.
Applying for a school place
The link below will give you guidance (provided by KCC) on applying for a school place:
Determined Admission Arrangements for Shorne School
Specific information about admission arrangements for Shorne School can be downloaded below